areCheesy Kale Garlic BreadThe best oven baked garlic bread you will ever eat, a must for kids and adults alike! Made with a crusty baguette topped with herbs + spices, tons of garlic, chopped kale and melted cheese - this bread is the star of any table, whether served as an accompaniment to your favorite pasta, soup or pizza or as an appetizer for a delicious portable treat for a crowd.Vegetarian + gluten free options.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links through Amazon to products I love with all my heart and earn a commission for.
When it comes to garlic bread, I'm one of their biggest fans. Just the right amount of crispy, flavorful garlic bread makes everything better. I grew up in the South and loved Pizza Hut's Cheese Garlic Bread, the thickest, most flavorful bread I've ever had. After moving to Brooklyn, I found myself loving Domino's, but of course I've always preferred good homemade bread, especially when it comes to having more control over the ingredients. therefore,The best cheesy kale garlic breadwhat born in!
This mouth-watering cheese bread recipe is the perfect oven accompaniment and comforting bowl.Spicy pasta with roasted red pepper or weekend tomato and roasted kale ravioliIt absorbs the sauce perfectly. Of course I also love the combination of crusty bread and soup, especially this oneCreamy Tomato Soup With Roasted GarliceEasy and delicious minestrone meatball soup.
Either way, you'll love transporting this Cheesy Garlic Bread and your family will thank you for it! By the way, it isA trillion times better than store bought garlic breadThat is iteasy to do, just nowuse few ingredients,Can be done in just 20 minutesof,Can be customized as desired, OrdinaryVegan and gluten free options.
What is garlic bread with cheese made from?
This homemade oven-baked cheesy garlic bread recipe is made with a homemade "garlic butter" blend of softened butter, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and thyme to form a buttery paste. Then top with baguette halves, chopped kale and two cheeses.
- What is garlic bread with cheese made from?
- This is how you make the best garlic cheese bread
- Toppings for the tastiest homemade garlic bread
- How long should garlic bread be in the airfryer?
- How to freeze longer
- Which olive oil is the best?
- best kind of cheese
- Simple homemade bread in 5 minutes
- Tips for making the best garlic bread in the oven
- Frequently asked questions about this bread recipe
- What goes best with this bread?
- Create our cookbook?
- The best cheesy kale garlic bread
This is how you make the best garlic cheese bread
The first step in this delicious garlic cheese bread recipe is to cut the bread in half lengthwise. Once set, just mix in the "garlic butter" to make toppings and assembling easier! Then you bake the whole thing for 10-15 minutes until it's crispy and golden brown and wow!
Toppings for the tastiest homemade garlic bread
The goodness of this cheesy garlic bread comes from a handful of simple ingredients. Here's what it takes to make them the best bread ever:
- Baguette.You can also use baguettes or a piece of baguette or Italian bread for thicker slices. For a GF-compatible option, simply substitute the GF version of this bread.
- oil.You can also use avocado, coconut, or grapeseed oil if you prefer.
- Kool.I love adding veggies to this bread, but you can omit the chopped or frozen kale altogether for a more traditional recipe or substitute your favorite veggies like broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, wait.
- garlic.I prefer to use 1 fresh garlic, but you can substitute 1 tbsp garlic powder in a pinch for a more intense flavor. You can also roast a garlic bulb for better flavor or reduce the amount of garlic to 4-6 cloves.
- butter.Use unsalted butter to control the flavor of this garlic bread. Substitute vegan butter for a vegan version.
- Mozzarella + mild cheddar.I like to grate my cheese fresh, but you can use your favorite shredded brand - quality matters! This bread is also delicious with grated Parmesan cheese. For vegan options, there are great premium dairy-free options that taste great.
- Herbs + herbs.You can use fresh herbs, but you'll need a teaspoon of each: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and thyme.
How long should garlic bread be in the airfryer?
If you want to make this delicious garlic bread all in one placefrying pan, it is definitely an easy task! To do this, just spraymand fryerUsing the oil, once the garlic bread and toppings are assembled, place each loaf in the fryer andCook for 5-6 minutes at 350°FOr until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
How to freeze longer
Don't worry if you want to make this cheesy garlic bread in batches so you can easily take them out of the fridge and reheat when you're ready! Doing this is very easy.Lasts up to 3 monthsThis is how you can freeze garlic bread longer in a few steps:
- Once you've made the garlic butter and spread it on each loaf, simply place the loaves (in a single layer) in ziplock bags or resealable freezer bags and store in the freezer.
- When ready to use, simply remove the desired amount and place in the oven on a parchment-lined baking tray for 10-15 minutes. NOTE: You may need an extra 3-5 minutes because they are frozen, but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't overcook.
Which olive oil is the best?
When using olive oil it is always important to use a high quality oil that will give you the most intense flavor. I like to use EVOO (aka extra virgin olive oil) for the best chemical stability when baking or cooking; however, you can also use craft oils for more flavor. Personally I like to useBrightland Essential OilsThere are different flavors like basil, chili oil, etc., which also add a lot of flavor to this garlic bread.
best kind of cheese
While this cheesy garlic bread is based on using mozzarella and mild cheddar, you can also switch it up and add a new flavor to your flavor profile by adding any of the following (mix and match as you like):
- provolone kaas
- sharp cheddar cheese
- minister and others
Simple homemade bread in 5 minutes
Prepare the pan + bread.better have onebaking sheetthis is the linerparchmentBakes easily without the bread sticking to the pan. For the bread, cut a baguette (if using) in half lengthwise.
Make garlic butter.This buttery mix adds all the flavor to this whole garlic cheese bread. You are going to mix softened butter, oil, minced garlic and spices.
Bake + serve.Now you can put everything in the oven and bake, once the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, remove it from the oven, let it cool slightly, slice it and serve. to enjoy!
Tips for making the best garlic bread in the oven
- For extra crispy garlic bread, it is best to leave it in the oven for another 2-3 minutes while you check that it does not burn.
- You can cover the top with aluminum foil for the first 5 minutes to prevent the bread from baking too quickly before the cheese has completely melted. Then remove the foil for the rest of the cooking time.
- When serving, it is best to let the bread cool slightly to allow the cheese to "harden" before slicing.
- It's always better to use a real onevery sharp bladeSlice the garlic bread to keep it whole.
Frequently asked questions about this bread recipe
How do you store leftover garlic bread?
Leftover bread is best wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerated for 3-5 days for optimal freshness. To extend the shelf life, you can also freeze garlic bread. Frozen garlic bread can be kept for 2 to 3 months.
Can you heat up garlic bread in an airfryer?
Absolute! You can reheat the garlic bread in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
How to make garlic bread more or less crispy?
It's that easy! If you like your garlic bread a bit crispier, bake it for another 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully so that it doesn't burn or become too crumbly. However, if you like softer bread, take it out for about 10 minutes or wrap the bread in aluminum foil before baking so that the bread becomes soft during baking.
How do you store garlic bread so it doesn't get soggy?
To prevent the garlic bread from getting soggy, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before putting it in the fridge. You can also store it in a resealable ziplock bag, make sure to squeeze the air out.
Should I use kale? Can I add other vegetables?
not really. You can omit the kale altogether and make it a more traditional cheesy garlic bread. Plus, you can always replace kale with your favorite veggies like spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, and more.
What goes best with this bread?
Now that you're swooning over this cheesy garlic bread recipe, offer up these recipes your whole family will love trying for a complete meal:
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Gnocchi
- Loaded vegan vegetable soup
- Best vegan bolognese + gnocchi
- Tomato pizza with herb butter
- Creamy Tomato Garlic Conchiglioni Pasta
- Pasta Citroënboter
- Marido Date Night Vodka Ravioli [Sem Vodka]
- Grilled Meatless Penne With Ricotta And Mozzarella Cheese
- Delicious vegan lasagna soup
- Roasted Cauliflower Goddess Green Salad
Create our cookbook?
if you triedThe best cheesy kale garlic breadrecipe, or any other recipe on my site, please leave 🌟 stars and let me know how you do in the 📝 comments below. I like to hear from you.
The best cheesy kale garlic bread
This super tasty Cheesy Kale Garlic Bread is a super delicious recipe inspired by our classic love for good garlic bread!
Installation time:5minutes minutes
Cooking time:15minutes minutes
total time:20minutes minutes
to supply:8 Share
Print it off suppress it
- 1 Scale. baguette or Italian bread (I like to use baguette)
- 1 Sliced garlic (you can reduce to 4-6 garlic cloves if desired)
- 2 ladle extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ladle unsalted butter, soft
- 1 Cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded or shredded
- 1 Cup shredded or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cup sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
american practice-metric system
To slice the bread:
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and place each half, inside side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
To make "garlic butter":
In a bowl, add the softened butter, olive oil, minced garlic and spices: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil and thyme and whisk until well blended.
Spoon a generous amount of herb butter evenly onto each baguette half and add the shredded kale and cheese.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted (and bubbling) and the edges are lightly browned. For extra crispiness, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut and serve.
Enjoy your food!
tips on tricks
- Store:Leftover bread is best wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerated for 3-5 days for optimal freshness. To extend the shelf life, you can also freeze garlic bread. Frozen garlic bread can be kept for 2 to 3 months.
- Gluten Free Options:To make this garlic bread GF-friendly, you'll need to replace the baguette or baguette with a gluten-free version.
- Vegetarian options:This garlic bread is absolutely vegan, substituting three things: butter, cheese, and making sure the bread is vegan. For vegan options,so delicious without milkofpansiesThe shredded cheese was delicious.
Calories:115kcal|carbohydrate:1G|egg white:1G|gordo:12G|Saturated fat:6G|Polyunsaturated Fats:1G|Monounsaturated Fat:5G|Trans knows:0,3G|cholesterol:23mg|sodium:301mg|Potassium:76mg|fiber:1G|sugar:0,2G|Vitamine A:1947unit|Vitamin C:16mg|calcium:56mg|iron:1mg
You did itgain?
Ticket@orchidssweettea_Do not mark Instagram#orchidsandsweettea